Patient Account Specialist needed for passionate medical organization
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00/hour
Location: Downtown Seattle
Contract to Hire
Our client was founded in 1920, when a group of physicians decided to pioneer a new approach in a medical practice. Their goal: to work as one team. They pledged to provide the finest patient care possible by working together, asking only the best and brightest to join their team and committing themselves to lifelong learning and research.
The founding physicians pooled their energies and resources and built an 80-bed hospital in the heart of Seattle, Washington. Through the years, their vision of providing patients with comprehensive medical care—all from one trusted place—has flourished.
Our client’s vision is to be the Quality Leader and transform health care. Their mission is to improve the health and well-being of the patients they serve - Healing illness is the first priority and that is what gives their people the energy for our vision. They are also committed to providing a broad range of services that improve one's sense of well-being and which prevent illness.
The Patient Account Specialist team is essential in the patient care process.
- In a high call volume setting, provide clarification and education to patients regarding billing concerns and complaints
- Address broad range of inquiries covering items such as insurance regulation and processing protocols, charge coding discrepancies, benefit interpretation and adjudication
- Provide financial counseling both in-advance and post-receipt of services
- Provide assistance with reimbursement for under-insured or un-insured individuals (including uncompensated care)
- Act as resource to Medical Center for organizational, state, federal and commercial reimbursement procedures and policies as they may pertain to individual patient situations
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent customer service, communication, verbal and written skills with an emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task with confidential information
- Ability to excel in a team based environment with a positive attitude
- 6 months previous call center experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred for this position
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temp and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Customer Service / Call Center