Part-time Program Manager needed for an established credit union in Tukwila, WA
Job# ID: 15152
Location: Tukwila, WA
Contract: approx through September
Our client may have been founded in Seattle, but over the last 100 years, they’ve branched out to span across the Western US. As one of the strongest financial institutions in America, our client is rooted in helping thousands of small businesses and customers find a financial footing; after all, one of their core values is investment in communities where they conduct business. Glassdoor reviews rave about their empowering company culture and great work life balance. If you want to be part of a financial institution that values their employees as much as their customers, then we have the job for you!
The Program Manager is responsible for providing business and process expertise for activities related to Business Unit (BU) products and services. This person will have a thorough knowledge of the assigned products and services, assist with the design of new products and services and ensure their proper implementation. The Program Manager-BU will also provide process leadership for the evaluation and continuous improvement for processes impacting the assigned BU and members.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Company Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Key participant on project teams, particularly regarding oversight of delivery, system enhancements and process improvements.
- May participate in strategy setting discussions with Business Unit, providing advice on strategic planning for products and services.
- Ensure the effective implementation of standards, policies and processes and create productivity measures, metrics, tracking and reporting to assess overall success.
- Provide timely and accurate communications are produced providing leadership, direction and effective monitoring of performance of products and services.
- Partner with internal and external resources to design and implement programs that support employee and member advocacy.
- Analyze results from survey programs to identify employee and/or member needs and expectations and implement actions to address any areas of concern.
- Ensure compliance with the various federal and state regulations that relate to areas of responsibility and coordinate with other departments and credit union personnel to ensure the same.
- Manage vendor contracts within areas of responsibility, working directly with vendors to ensure members are receiving cost efficient and quality service whenever third party assistance is provided to our members.
- Maintain the necessary operational audit and/or management information reporting that may be required of the Business Unit, to include keeping statistical records as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work or education related experience required.
- Experience managing project teams required.
- Minimum 5 years of functional experience in the Financial Services industry required.
- Appropriate licensing, as necessary, to be obtained in first year of tenure required.
- 3 years of experience in operations management, project management, technology implementation, internal controls development and oversight preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Excellent project management, effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Full time hours required with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Moderate travel by car and/or public conveyance for trips at some out-of-area locations or statewide.
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing company of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of contract, contract to hire and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.