HR Business Partner needed for a financial institution in Tukwila, WA
Job# ID: 15190
Pay rate: $40-$45hr
Location: Tukwila, WA
Contract length: approx until 11/1/19
Our client may have been founded in Seattle, but over the last 100 years, they’ve branched out to span across the Western US. As one of the strongest financial institutions in America, our client is rooted in helping thousands of small businesses and customers find a financial footing; after all, one of their core values is investment in communities where they conduct business.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for providing human resources support and services to business units. This person will contribute by supporting the leadership and design of effective and consistent delivery of Human Resource programs which enhance the company's vision, employee engagement and the member experience. The HR Business Partner will act as a business partner to senior and mid-level management teams by understanding their business, goals, environment issues and needs. This person will participate in business planning and strategy, proactively identify issues, and develop and implement HR services and solutions, as well as effectively deploy key HR initiatives for the business units. The HR Business Partner will participate and have a supportive role in HR projects with broad business impact such as strategic hiring, on-boarding, development and performance planning, recognition and reward communication, career building and succession planning.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Company Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Serve as a proactive business partner through assessment, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management, and succession planning.
- Provide general HR support in the areas of staffing, compensation and benefits, employee engagement, organizational design, career development, talent management, organizational change and employee relations.
- Support the Sr. HRBP and business leaders in identifying goals to support talent, including hiring plans, rewards and recognition, development planning, and performance management and planning.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of HR strategies, programs and lead implementation efforts.
- Conduct comprehensive employee relations investigations and consult with HR, management, and staff to resolve issues.
- Coordinate and cross train all HR related programs, policies and procedures to assigned client group.
- Recommend new approaches, correction actions, and updates to policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Provide counsel and guidance to management on employee relations issues, independently conduct investigations and ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Partner closely with all members of the Human Resource division to support cross group initiatives and manage /lead special HR project initiatives.
- Serve as a mentor/coach to other HR team members.
- Coordinate and deliver learning and development activities as required, build competence and workplace performance.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other closely related field, or equivalent work or education experience required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of broad, progressive responsibility in a professional HR role with at least two years in a leadership capacity.
- PHR or SPHR Certification desired.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to apply independent judgment on employee relations issues.
- Strong technical/analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of employment law.
- Ability to think strategically and implement ideas/programs tactically.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to analyze complex situations and related data to determine appropriate actions.
- Ability to act as a highly effective mediator with strong persuasion abilities and customer service skills while exhibiting an approachable work style; working exceptionally well with and respecting individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent diplomacy and judgment when handling routine as well as emotionally charged situations.
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temporary to direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Human Resources