Seek More Than Balance. Seek Fulfillment.
Parker Staffing Services is seeking a successful Business Development Manager to expand our downtown Seattle-based book of business. The downtown core represents our strongest market, with over 40 years of vested relationships. We are an organization committed to a partner-based approach in developing relationships with companies in need of staffing solutions. We believe in an enjoyable and rewarding work environment that attracts the best talent in the staffing industry.
It's Not Sink or Swim.
Our employees are given the freedom to express themselves freely, both personally and professionally, in order to create a trusting, transparent, and accountable work environment. We offer a structured advancement program, aimed at cultivating the professional growth of our employees. Each new employee receives two months of intensive training and job shadowing while being mentored by our VP of Sales.
Parker Staffing’s Business Development Managers (BDM) are a critical component to building our commercial staffing business. The Business Development Manager is a specialized role, requiring experience selling to C level and mid-management level individuals. This position requires a high level of integrity, passion and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to close sales. You will be working closely with a team of specialized recruiters, who partner with you to deliver on your promises to your clients.
Who you choose to work with matters! If working at a company where you can truly make a difference is important to you, consider applying to Parker Staffing. We like to say that we aren’t your mother’s temp agency because our focus is on creating opportunity for our customers and employees while delivering an exceptional level of customer service. We believe in contributing to the community; with over thousands of individuals hired over forty years, many of our clients started as our employees! In addition, we offer quarterly paid volunteer days to help our employees invest time into causes they are passionate about. We truly believe we are one of the best businesses in Seattle and it’s not just us: Staffing Industry Analysts, Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal have all recognized Parker Staffing as one of the Top Companies in Seattle!
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Manager
POSITION REPORTS TO: Debbie Crandall CEO/President
COMPENSATION: DOE, Salary plus commission
• Develop and grow a sales territory, including sales to new clients and existing client accounts.
• Schedule appointments (on the phone and in person), prepare and deliver presentations.
• Develop and maintain strong client relationships and customer satisfaction, serving as the primary client contact.
• Maintain a current and competent level of knowledge on the industry and company to be a reliable source of information.
• Collaborate on accurate budgeting/forecasting and engagement profitability.
• Utilize Sandler Sales Training techniques when generating business with prospects and/or clients.
• Provide Recruiting and Contractor Relationship Manager with all necessary details surrounding potential and current business.
• Maintain current and accurate information throughout the sales process in the company’s CRM system.
• Develop and maintain a prospecting strategy.
• Demonstrate excellent time management skills.
• Consistently strive to exceed target metrics for key performance areas (number of new clients, number of client and prospect meetings, gross margin and revenue goals, etc.).
• Support and embrace the recruiting process by building strong relationships within the recruiting team.
• Become a subject matter expert with the evolving workforce challenges.
• Understand the “big picture” and align with the business initiatives and goals of the company.
• Demonstrate consistent performance while managing changing priorities.
• Undertake complex projects and challenges with enthusiasm.
• Act as a role model to support the development and growth of other team members.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 3-5 years of sales experience
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.