Patient Appointment & Registration Specialist needed for major Seattle healthcare provider
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00/hour
Location: North Beacon Hill area of Seattle
Contract Length: 1 – 3 months
Eleven Clinics, 40 Award-Winning Doctors, & 175 health care providers make up one of the best healthcare-focused workplaces in the Puget Sound.
Our client is one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in the Puget Sound and the largest freestanding, nonprofit group practice in the region. With clinics is Lynnwood, Olympia and just about everywhere in between, our client is committing to providing a high level of healthcare to every patient that walks through their doors. Recently, our client has received a Silver Award for outstanding achievements in healthcare delivery from Seattle Business Magazine. This can be attributed to that high-level of care combined with their work to reduce healthcare costs for patients.
They don’t just provide quality care to patients, they house a truly unique, well-loved company culture. Most of it is rooted in the obvious: providing quality healthcare in a service-focused environment, but it’s also very family-oriented with a focus on uplifting and celebrating each other. It’s this winning combination that makes them one of Seattle Business Magazine’s Top 100 Companies to Work For. Familial bonds are a common theme here with lots of get-togethers (we hope you like potlucks!) focused on bonding with colleagues. Our client and its employees regularly celebrate colleague accomplishments and lead the way in community involvement, with participation in health-focused events like Relay for Life and Wear Red Day / Go Red for Women. It’s through these events that our client works to forage colleague connection and a culture built around truly being yourself at work. If you’re a go-getter who is hungry for knowledge, growth, and community, then this is a culture made for you.
The Patient Appointment & Registration Specialist provides efficient, accurate and effective customer-focused communication services.
- Operate communications and call center equipment
- Receive, respond to and correctly process medically-oriented calls using judgment, discretion, and tact
- Receive and route general business calls
- Facilitate connection for non-English speaking callers with Interpretive Services
- Take responsibility for accurate and timely message documentation and delivery, which may require complex problem resolution
- Perform full registration on new patients, guide patients on providing insurance information via telephone, and enter insurance and other information accurately into computer system
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience required
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a high-volume call center environment preferred
- Familiarity with EPIC software required
- Healthcare background preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to type 40 wpm with better than average accuracy
- Excellent telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to remain calm under stress and independently exercise good judgment
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temp and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.