Pay Rate: $ 24.50-26.50
Be Part of the Quest to Cure Cancer.
It’s no surprise our client was ranked 5th in the nation for cancer care and treatment. In 2015, this independent, non-profit treatment center provided treatment, ongoing care, clinical trials, consultations, and second opinions to over 30,000 patients from around the globe. Their success in treatment can be accredited to their partnership with one of the world’s leading cancer research centers – also housed right here in Seattle. According to our client, their work is more than just a job. It’s their mission.
At this organization, no matter what your position – whether Clinical Nurse Specialist or Patient Access Specialist – the top priority for everyone comes down to the patients. As the treatment center puts a large emphasis on learning and growth, employees must be driven and open to career development opportunities. “Stagnant” has no room in your vocabulary in this dynamic, diverse work environment.
Are you ready to make a difference? Even if you don’t have a medical degree, you can still join the ranks as an Executive Assistant.
This is a position that directly supports the Infectious Disease Sciences (IDS) Program Head in his various leadership roles and clinical and laboratory research operations. The incumbent works independently in performing administrative duties of a complex, specialized, or confidential nature, using judgement to interpret institutional policy, represent the IDS Program Head and interact with faculty and staff both inside and outside the organization. This position requires the ability to direct and manage multiple priorities and quickly analyze situations using effective time management skills, good business acumen and administrative judgement. The position must possess a highly effective level of communication with Program/Division/Center Leadership, IDS Program faculty and staff along with other units and divisions, with the ability to anticipate and remain flexible in the face of change and ambiguity.
- Manage a complex calendar of meetings and commitments for IDS Program Head. Develop and maintain materials needed for meetings. Use critical judgement to determine priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Provide direct support to the faculty member; coordinate office/laboratory operations, prepare background information in preparation for faculty’s professional commitments and meetings;
- Arrange conference and meeting schedules for domestic and international travel, meeting itineraries/agendas and other activities. Track and maintain all records/receipts and follow policies and procedures required for Federal, State and institutional guidelines.
- Maintain reference database and filing system for program head including, but not limited to: professional CV’s and Biosketch's, medical licensure, professional memberships, manuscripts, Endnote and other documentation. Ensure that all information is accurate and up-to-date, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific field or related field. Minimum of seven years with progressively complex executive-level support/management experience, preferably in an academic, research or clinical health setting preferred. Additional experience may substitute for educational requirement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail, including demonstrated competency in preparation/editing of correspondence, written reports, and minute taking.
- Must have skills to work independently to solve problems that involve judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills, while strategically thinking ahead.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is desirable.
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temporary to direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.