Employee Relations Specialist needed for supportive, family-owned company in Renton, WA
Job # 15232
Location: Renton, WA
Direct hire role
Our client is a locally-founded, family-run business that has been providing financial services to customers for over 30 years. From their humble beginnings in Renton, Washington, our client grew to become a team of more than 800 employees in branches across the West – from Southern California all the way to British Columbia, Canada.
Everyone here shares the same goals: to exceed customers’ expectations and leave lasting, positive impacts on the communities in which they work. Volunteering is encouraged within this organization; and employees regularly vote on where company-raised community involvement funds go. The leaders in this organization are dedicated not just to the community, but also their employees - with events like BBQs, potlucks, holiday luncheons, and Secret Santas sprinkled throughout the year… and this environment and culture have people sticking around. This team of Customer Service professionals comes with serious longevity – with multiple team members tallying up tenures with our client of 10 years or more! If you want to build strong roots within a stable, growing organization instead of just swaying from company to company, then this is the place for you.
- Prepare and draft corrective actions, memos, and reports that are clear, direct and legally sound.
- Support progressive disciplinary actions that are consistent and fair.
- Respond to employee questions, concerns and work with management to resolve issues.
- Work closely with the Senior Employee Relations Manager in conducting internal investigations and provide timely, thorough and accurate reports.
- Manage and update logs, records, lists and data tracking sheets.
- Ensure all written correspondence, documentation and files meet established content standards.
- Responsible for a multitude of clerical support duties including filing, labeling, typing, mailing and other administrative duties
- Complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with various human resource projects.
- Manage all interpersonal interactions in alignment with Company standards and values.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Demonstrate an understanding of his or her responsibilities as a Company employee and meets the expected standards. Follow Company's employment and business practices.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Degree/certification in human resources/employee relations or in a related area, and at least 3+ years of experience in the field required.
- Strong written, verbal and consulting skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to write reports and routine business correspondence; strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work well both independently and as part of a Team.
- Display a strong customer service focus and exhibit a pleasant and professional demeanor; promote a professional image.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, and customers.
- Ability to travel.
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temp and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Category: Executive Assistant