Deposit Servicing Specialist needed for a credit union in Seattle - Northgate
Job# ID: 14470
Pay Rate: $18.00 / hourly
Contract: 4-5 months
A Credit Union that was founded in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood in 1948, they have expanded to a $348 million-dollar business. Our client is a progressive business that is specifically focused on the needs of business owners throughout Washington and building strong community partnerships. They do this by being on the forefront of Washington's unique needs, such as the founding a highly touted Credit Union Service Organization (CUSO) meant to spur innovation in the industry and being one of the few lending institutions in the state offering services to Washington's newly created I-502 businesses.
They believe that developing relationships between small businesses and banks can help both parties achieve their goals and have partnered with Parker Staffing Services to help grow their team.
As the Deposit Servicing Specialist, you will provide customer service to internal and external members with requests, inquiries, and/or issues in a courteous and professional manner. This position is responsible for supporting all functions of the Deposit Servicing team including item processing, back office support, scanning, ACH, IRA’s and branch support.
- Assist in monitoring the tracking system to help other department members
- Demonstrate product knowledge and meet annual product and service certification requirements
- Provide support for additional Retail Support functions
- Complete all education, training and professional development required for position
- Comply with all state and federal regulations and compliance standards, including: Identify Theft Protection Plan (ITPP), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Customer Information Privacy (CIP), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) as well as Credit Union policies and procedures. Complete required compliance training
- Scan, index and convert archival materials to digital format using a high-resolution scanner to create digital archive
- Review scanned documents for completion
- Ensure ACH files are originated and processed
- Responsible for ACH exceptions and returns
- Service memberships that could include deceased accounts, address changes, payoffs, returned mail, verification of deposits, reports and others as assigned
- Process skip-a-pay payments by changing the payment due date and processing fee to GL
- Process fiduciary account requests and maintenance as necessary
- Perform administration duties on IRA accounts and conduct IRA reporting. Open IRA accounts and make contributions and withdrawals for members, sending appropriate paperwork and disclosures to members
- Review all new Bill Pay registrations and work on reports related to online banking, bill pay or mobile banking. Support branches with online banking, bill pay and mobile banking issues
- Process Levies, garnishments and subpoenas as necessary
- Process international wires as necessary
- Process unclaimed property and stale dated items for the credit union on an annual basis
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years customer service experience required
- Training provided for enthusiastic learner desiring a start in the financial industry
- Cashiering or teller experience preferred
- Previous financial experience welcome
- Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Performs duties with a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temporary to direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.