Administrative Assistant needed for a well-known industrial company in Seattle
Job# ID: 15022
Pay Rate: $18-$23hr
Location: Seattle, WA (Harbor Island)
Contract: 4 months
If you often take Washington State ferries around the Puget Sound, you may soon find yourself on one of the three currently being built by our client. In addition to building ferries, our client also builds and repairs fishing boats, tug boats, barges, fire boats, and high-performance combat crafts. Located in Harbor Island, our clients are the experts when it comes to boats and take value in producing quality vessels on time and on budget. Most importantly though, our client puts a large focus on safety – the safety of their employees, their products, and the consumers that use them.
The Administrative Assistant provides office assistance and support technical preparation of various documents. You will conduct technical research and procure necessary information in support of New Construction Planning and execution. The administrative assistant prepares prints of drawings and technical documentation then distributes them to the cognizant Manager.
- Maintains distribution records, hard copy records, and distributes incoming correspondence.
- Keep meeting notes
- Improves the organization and conditions of the work environment by organizing and archiving documents to electronic formats and warehousing hard-copy documents.
- Produces routine correspondence, reports, and forms.
- Performs various work-related special assignments as requested by the Director of Engineering.
- Makes travel arrangements for work-related travel by departmental staff. Maintains office supplies inventories, including document control supplies. Acts as liaison with other departments.
- Must have a car to get onto Harbor Island
- Minimum of two 2 years Administrative experience, preferably in an Engineering or Design setting is preferred
- Must pass a 10-panel drug screen
- Desirable: experience with business accounting and reporting software
- Ability to understand and apply rules of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written
- Must be well organized, detail and customer-oriented self-starter
- Ability to respond well to last minute, high priority, time sensitive projects
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temporary to direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.