Centralized Mortgage Services Specialist needed for a financial institution in Kent
Job# ID: 15186
Pay rate: $24.00 / hourly
Location: Kent, WA
Contract length: 6 months
Our client may have been founded in Seattle, but over the last 100 years, they’ve branched out to span across the Western US. As one of the strongest financial institutions in America, our client is rooted in helping thousands of small businesses and customers find a financial footing; after all, one of their core values is investment in communities where they conduct business.
Are you someone with previous mortgage service specialist experience? Or maybe you’re looking for a role in the financial sector with plenty of room to climb the career ladder and expand your skill set? You could have fast, robust success in this career path with our client.
The Centralized Mortgage Services Specialist is responsible for loan quality and compliance review, including processing and closing tasks related to regulatory, quality and saleability functions in mortgage fulfillment. This role will focus on process improvement, including improved compliance and timeliness, within the mortgage fulfillment area. The overall responsibilities of this role require a broad knowledge of mortgage fulfillment, yet each employee may be assigned specific functions to focus on. The overall goal is to ensure higher compliance with regulations and improved member satisfaction due to more-timely loan processing.
- Follow up with members on predetermined loans to obtain required documentation within prescribed timelines in compliance with Regulation B Notice of Incomplete Application (NOI) process.
- Inform Loan Officer and Sales Manager of any outstanding issues
- Prepare initial and revised Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures as defined within regulatory time frames as well as prescribed workflow and service level agreement timeframes
- Validate and confirm all data on locked loans to ensure the loan file meets loan program requirements. Communicate with Secondary Marketing and assigned Loan Officer on required changes
- Ensure the receipt of final settlement statements from escrow are monitored and received within the appropriate timeframe
- Perform loan quality reviews on identified loan files
- Review Desktop Underwriter red flags, verification messages, approval conditions or underwriter conditions. Set up a file on the loan origination system. Verify the accuracy and integrity of all loan data entered into the system including but not limited to names, addresses, government monitoring information, loan information (i.e. loan amount, interest, terms, lock-in expiration dates, etc.)
- Process and manage all construction loans disbursements in compliance with BECU procedures and service level agreements
- Follow up on post-closing escrow holdbacks as well as delayed employer pay stubs.
- Maintain knowledge of updated manuals of all new policies or modifications to the guidelines and standards of the client, investors, and private mortgage insurers
- Have a general knowledge of all Credit Union departments and how they interact with the Mortgage Division
- Have a thorough knowledge of first mortgage real estate lending practices, including federal regulatory requirements, state regulations, agency and Credit Union requirements.
- Have a thorough knowledge of conventional and special mortgage loan programs and the knowledge of the necessary documentation for processing and obtaining underwriting approval.
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mortgage lending required
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary?
- Prior use of a loan origination system and successful completion of courses or seminars relating to mortgage banking processing preferred
- Experience in processing, funding, or post-closing of conventional, FHA and VA Mortgage loans preferred.
- Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temporary to direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.