Administrative Assistant needed for HR Department in maritime vessel construction company
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 / hour
Location: Industrial District area of Seattle
Contract to Hire
If you often take Washington State ferries around the Puget Sound, you may soon find yourself on one of the three currently being built by our client. In addition to building ferries, our client also builds and repairs fishing boats, tug boats, barges, fireboats, and high performance combat crafts. Located in Harbor Island, our clients are the experts when it comes to boats, and take value in producing quality vessels on time and on budget. Most importantly though, our client puts a large focus on safety – the safety of their employees, their products, and the consumers that use them.
If you’re familiar with what it’s like to work in the offices of a construction firm, you’ll find comfort in our client’s office environment. Casual, comfortable, and filled with workers who are gregarious on the outside, but very kind and passionate about the work they do. Comradery is a common theme among colleagues, so a willingness to be kind, warm, and respectful to others will go a long way here. Moreover, commitment to the company and respect for the code and values are found in every employee – including key principles like ‘be smart,’ ‘be careful,’ and ‘be considerate.’ Accountability and truthfulness are the keys to this organization’s success.
This Administrative Assistant provides administrative, clerical and technical support to Operations, Human Resources, and Payroll to ensure coordination of projects and activities.
- Use Kronos Human Resources/Payroll system to compile and format data from Kronos and various data sources
- Prepare reports for posting and distribution to supervisors, managers and others; and recommends modifications to processes as needed
- Process staffing requests to include preparing paperwork and dispatch requests to appropriate unions, initiating phone calls to unions and recalled employees
- Use an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) for posting jobs and applicant tracking
- Interact with Human Resources to arrange various selection processes such as scheduling interviews, contacting applicants, and tracking results
- Assist employees with timecard and timekeeping instructions; weekly paycheck distribution; and weekly time entry processing
- Maintain attendance records and report to Operations Team when employees exceed standards
- Facilitate the processing of new employees by administering first day activities
- Perform related administrative functions such as answering telephones, providing information, processing unemployment claims, ordering and stocking supplies; and assisting other support staff when appropriate
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Strong administrative support experience required
- Human Resources experience preferred
- Experience with ATS software a huge plus
- Experience with Kronos Workforce Timekeeper highly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temporary to direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.