Mortgage Loan Processors needed for New Mexico location in well-established financial institution
Are you someone with previous mortgage loan processing experience? Or maybe you’re looking for a role in the financial sector with plenty of room to climb the career ladder and expand your skillset? You could have fast, robust success in this career path with our client.
In this Mortgage Loan Processing role, you will be responsible and accountable for providing high quality service by processing and closing mortgage loans per our client’s policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines: with special attention paid to communication, compliance, loan quality and timing. Do you succeed in team-based environments? You will work with a team of processors to support branch loans in a division. This position focuses on all aspects of the loan processing & closing processes in a regionalized processing center. Most importantly, we’re looking for professionals who can thrive in a culture of simply being nice.
Our client may have been founded in Seattle, but over the last 100 years , they’ve branched out to span across the Western US. As one of the strongest financial institutions in America, our client is rooted in helping thousands of small businesses and customers find financial footing; after all, one of their core values is investment in communities where they conduct business. Their commitment extends to housing and community development initiatives, Senior Citizen and Low-Income lending programs, and promoting financial literacy to schools in the communities in which it serves.
After 100 years of service, our client is building out their mortgage loan processing department right here in Albuquerque . In this fresh, new office space, our client is working tirelessly to find a core group of Mortgage Loan Processing professionals to kickoff this new center. Because this division is the first of its kind, you will have a unique opportunity to not only build and shape the culture of the team in Albuquerque, but capitalize on skill development and numerous growth opportunities – like Loan Closing, Team Lead, and even Underwriting.
Job ID: 14961
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 / hourly
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Contract to Hire
- Must be able to pass a soft pull credit check and a criminal background check
- Must be tobacco free
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize daily workflow to provide optimal service and support
- Apply proper pricing and mitigate risk, while demonstrating good working knowledge of loan processing requirements and guidelines
- Review and understand current Loan Rate Sheet(s) and current program guidelines
- Interpret loan documentation received in files, and makes quality judgments
- Accurately input data into system and other applications as needed
- Meet timelines of necessary disclosures and ensure compliance standards are met
- Provide active leadership through pursuit of continuous improvement in job process communication productivity, and skill development for self and department
- Previous mortgage processing experience is preferred, but certainly not required
- Proficiency in time management, organization, planning and prioritization
- Organization and communication skills, with a detail orientated mindset
- Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Strong communication with Branch Managers throughout the entire loan process; disclosures, required client documentation, credit decision, document preparation, settlement and shipment of loan file to vault in a timely manner
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temporary to direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.