Administrative Assistant needed for Vice President of Communications & Marketing
Location: Downtown Seattle
****Contract to hire opportunity****
At this organization, no matter where you fall – whether researcher or administrative assistant – the top priority for everyone comes down to the patients. As the research center puts a large emphasis on learning and growth, employees must be driven and open to career development opportunities. “Stagnant” has no room in your vocabulary.
Working independently, performing numerous and varied administrative responsibilities under the Office of the VP. Apply sound judgment in interpreting policy, representing the department, interacting with staff and contacts outside the organization, and in working with highly sensitive or confidential information.
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant, perform administrative duties in support of Communications and Marketing and the Office of the VP, to include:
- Director-level calendar management
- Management of onboarding and off-boarding staff
- Inventory management and fulfillment support
- Weekly operational oversight of Visitor Center, including supply restocking, maintenance oversight and cataloging of visitor interactions
- Maintain marketing budget tracking and invoice submission and reconciliation
- Prepare weekly media highlights
- Daily distribution of mail and package notification
- Interaction with the public/community
- Provide coverage for the Office of the VP in the EA’s absence
- Interpret and apply administrative policies, ensure that policies are followed by the office to protect sensitive or confidential information
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of three years’ administrative support experience. Additional experience may substitute for educational requirement.
- Administrative support experience at an intermediate or higher level, with a preference for experience supporting senior leaders.
- Highly proficient with MS Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Asana and other task/project management tools to be available to help support teams with task creation and/or as support.
- Well organized, able to multi-task, have strong attention to detail and effective at prioritization and proactive communications.
- Positive attitude, capacity to learn quickly and work well under pressure.
- Ability to change priorities in response to changing work situations.
- Analytically minded approach and good problem-solving skills, coupled with creative orientation.
- Excellent judgment and ability to act independently and decisively with urgency in the face of internal and external change and crises.
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temp and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.