Recruiter needed for maritime vessel construction company
Pay: $68,000 - $75,000 / year
Location: Harbor Island
If you often take Washington State ferries around the Puget Sound, you may soon find yourself on one of the three currently being built by our client. In addition to building ferries, our client also builds and repairs fishing boats, tug boats, barges, fireboats, and high performance combat crafts. Located in Harbor Island, our clients are the experts when it comes to boats, and take value in producing quality vessels on time and on budget. Most importantly though, our client puts a large focus on safety – the safety of their employees, their products, and the consumers that use them.
If you’re familiar with what it’s like to work in the offices of a construction firm, you’ll find comfort in our client’s office environment. Casual, comfortable, and filled with workers who are gregarious on the outside, but very kind and passionate about the work they do. Comradery is a common theme among colleagues, so a willingness to be kind, warm, and respectful to others will go a long way here. Moreover, commitment to the company and respect for the code and values are found in every employee – including key principles like ‘be smart,’ ‘be careful,’ and ‘be considerate.’ Accountability and truthfulness are the keys to this organization’s success.
The Recruiter is responsible for overseeing Talent Acquisition programs for the organization. This individual will perform full lifecycle talent acquisition and maintain excellent relations with hiring managers and candidates. A focus on compliance, communication, creativity, business understanding, and personal organization is required. This position reports directly to the Human Resources Director.
- Develop and execute recruiting strategies to help secure quality technical and professional candidates in a timely manner
- Assure accurate maintenance of the applicant tracking system, currently HRM, used to track applicant status
- Develop and maintain multiple methods of sourcing including a network of contacts to identify qualified talent, leverage online talent acquisition resources and in-house sourcing
- Oversee all aspects of talent acquisition vendor relationships to ensure that appropriate contracts are in place, services and deliverables are being met and monitored
- Coordinate screening, interviewing, reference checks, badging, drug and alcohol testing and other similar processes related to hiring of all applicants
- Maintain orientation material and programs and coordinate the new hire process to include scheduling and presentation of new hire orientation and notifications to all parties involved
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication or Human Resources or other closely related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in full lifecycle talent acquisition required, preferably in the marine, construction or heavy industrial manufacturing industries
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temp and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.