Patient Care Coordinator needed for reproductive health organization
Location: Downtown Seattle
Contract length: about 5 months
Located in the vibrant heart of downtown Seattle, our client provides hundreds of parents-to-be with personalized, nurturing, state-of-the-art reproductive care, including IVF, that is both affordable and accessible. Our client has made individualized attention, open communication and patient comfort the cornerstones of our practice, which is certainly a part of why so many of its doctors have been voted as the best in the Seattle area.
This is truly a place you can feel good about – and you have the chance to work here as their new Patient Care Coordinator.
- Handle all front desk responsibilities, including daily open/close office, greeting patients, waiting room management, and processing initial paperwork.
- Check-in patients, review and ensure accurate demographic information
- Oversee flow of waiting areas, monitor patient wait time, and ensure patient satisfaction.
- Compile new patient packets. Communicate proactively with patients through secure portal and ensure all paperwork completed and received prior to appointment.
- Insurance preauthorization for procedures and visits.
- Help new patients plan for first visit by ensuring all required paperwork are received prior to appointment, i.e. insurance information and referrals as needed.
- Amazing customer service - answer patient’s questions thoroughly; show empathy for patients’ experience.
- Optimize the practice’s daily schedule, ensuring the practice schedule is efficient. Proactively schedule waiting or urgent patients into available spots.
- Log incoming charges/payments/correspondence.
- Third party follow-up and A/R payment posting: actively follow-up with and coordinate payments from third party payers. Ensure that all third-party and self-pay payments, adjustments and denials are posted to facilitate timely and accurate management of A/R
- Proficiently use our clinic’s electronic medical record system.
- Communicate directly with patients about payment. Provide all financial information with professionalism and compassion.
- Support financial clearance for upcoming procedures and treatment cycles – tight coordination with treatment schedule is mandatory.
- Communicate accurately and concisely displaying excellent patient service and interpersonal skills.
- Order office supplies and contribute to smooth operation of the office
- Ensure the confidentiality of all patient records. Maintain patient files and database according to HIPPA regulations
- At least three years of experience working in healthcare office setting as a patient care coordinator or medical office receptionist, and at least 1 year of experience in medical billing and insurance verification
- Positive and warm communication style to create excellent face-to-face patient interactions
- Excellent phone demeanor (so that a smile can be heard on the other end)
- Well-organized and able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Talented and happy to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Calm under stress, able to respond effectively in an emergency
- High-level capability with Microsoft products including Excel, and Google suite
- Competent with medical terminology
- Comfortable with all aspects of infertility/fertility services including discussing medical details with males and females
- Respectful of patients’ cultural, religious and ethical values and choices with regard to fertility
- Respectful of all patients regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation in regard to fertility and the desire to create a family
Parker Staffing Services offers administrative, customer service, call center, and executive assistant job opportunities in the Seattle and Bellevue metro area. Parker has served as the staffing agency of choice for thousands for over three decades. Visit our employment opportunities page at http://www.parkerservices.com to review our full offering of temp and direct hire job openings!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.